Applewood Harvest Festival
Our Fun Family Days
Our fun events grow a sense of Applewood family pride and togetherness, they bring the staff, parents, children and community closer, where we can support each other and have fun together.
- Parent Association Picnic: Our staff, parents and children come together at the beginning of each year to welcome new families and to start the year on a positive note.
- Night Relay: A Grade 7 initiative to bring our school community together and to enjoy our beautiful surroundings.
- Harvest Festival: A festival held to give thanks for the fruit harvested in our Elgin Valley. We open our school gates and welcome folk from the greater community to partake in a trail run and to spend the day with us. Our festival includes wine and food stalls, kiddies activities and live musicians.
- Potjiekos Competition: Local home chefs vie for the title of Potjiekos champion, whilst everyone has the opportunity of tasting delicious food.
- SPRINT Triathlon Elgin: Our annual triathlon event to showcase our beautiful valley and school. It is held at the Elgin Country Club, which is set against the breathtaking backdrop of the Eikenhof Dam and the Hottentots Holland Mountain range. Triathletes, both young and old, meander through the Kogelberg Biosphere whilst they swim, cycle and run.